Sunday, July 31, 2005

Sunday rain

It's been raining heavily since the morning with the occasional breather. I feel extremely disinclined to do any housekeeping stuff, and have pushed them on to the conscience of a tomorrow. I'm back at the lab, partly out of a sense of escaping the slightly claustrophobic. I realised many days ago that I like large/bright areas, so that there is the potential of moving about and stretching my legs. The hostel room and its near environs repel these ideas, so I'm better off making several 12-min walks. I have got some more done, but it worries me that I have not started studying for my data mining quiz this week. I've to start load balancing soon.

On a more cheerful note, a note on my designated machine: we're allowed to name our desk PCs with a label of our choice, so after some consideration, I went in for "mycroft". The allusion is to the fictional character, the brother of Sherlock Holmes.

I'm fascinated by this fellow because in some ways he is a character after my own heart. If one is the best at anything but is too lazy to go about doing the things that drumbeat this superiority to the world, it would suffice that the person the world thinks is the greatest acknowledges you as the best. Sherlock thinks Mycroft is even brainier than himself and what greater compliment do you need? :-). Mycroft H whiles away his time between being "the govt" and in the quiet confines of the Diogenes club. All this appeals to the sloth in me.
*

The bad news is that one of my wet and pushed-to-the-limit socks have start to reek badly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home