Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Core Dump - 2

* Triple whammy dhuum-dhaDaakaa last Friday: three tests (I prefer calling them tests so as to not mix 'em up with the more friendlier connotation of the word "quiz"). Two were of a "surprise" nature, but the only thing I did right that day was to correctly anticipate them (reasons: they were overdue | psychology of prof involved etc.). But no marks for such keen eyes. Didn't do me any good.

* For some reason, Trilogy, as part of their pre-placement jamboree, put on a show (dinner at a nearby big place) for First Years as well last Friday. Wonder what they stand to gain by that? They're paying well, have some sort of a "reputation" which would guarantee people aiming to join them etc. Am a little puzzled at their being so eager to engage First Year MTechs/Third Year BTechs

* Since there have been a thousand syndromes to cover the entire spectrum of human psychological behaviour and from what I have been misled to believe, you can use that to effect in places like the US, I wonder if there is any to cover lack of concentration? I could use one of those. If medically sanctioned, I could say - ah, I'd have done well but for my inherent, genetic lack of concentration syndrome.

* Bicycles are clearly the silent killers on campus.

* Until August, I had seen an average of 6 films per month in 2005. In August? Just one. Sad, sad. sad.

* Among the many nice things about going home on weekends is the wonderfully exhilarating drive down some of the large Mumbai roads and ultimately the Expressway early in the mornings.

* Have finally discovered a food haunt that suits me - the H2 canteen serves some great food (paraaThaas and Chinese sampled so far, good shakes) at affordable rates, not too spicy and best part, (so far) with no next-morning-gastro-intestinal-traumas. My roommate and I keep inventing indifferent excuses to skip dinner at the hostel (like "we have to finish this assignment tonight") and catch a bite on the way to our hostel.

2 Comments:

Blogger Harish Kumar said...

The silent killer - elaborate.

4:30 PM  
Blogger daemon said...

The food at H2 canteen was not that great in my days, but still half of the hostel seemed to eat its dinner there. Movies at convo started yet??

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home