Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Resurfacing

* I spent the morning of the holiday (Dassehra) making a small "Ravana" out of scrap paper. Need to get someone to click a snap of it before we dispose it (as we are apparently supposed to).

* Did some updating of the home page. Continues to have a in-progress look, but have put in some more stuff and have reused my other blog's template for the layout.

* This week's been light, so it could well be the eye of the cyclone. Does one enjoy while it lasts or does one work hard so that the future is more comfortable? The classic grasshopper-ant story.

* A bad cold. A very bad cold. Having had so much experience with the pests over the course of my life means that atleast I know how to take care of myself and dip into the experience store. Lots of warm water and tea/coffee when possible. Not in the mood for heavier food, but had some dosas at this place outside the campus guided by Naval, who is quite the dependable foodie.

* I feel like staying in the dept. a lot - find it very lonely back at the hostel. The hostel's become a bit of a bed-and-breakfast lodge.

* It is well-known that I'm an early-to-bed-and-rise type, but I pushed my IIT record to 3:00 am last night. I have done nighters before, and even 24-hours w/o sleep, but mornings are my thing. The problem is - lots of stuff happens at night when so many people are awake, and it miffs me that I end up missing them. Roshan says I am lucky to be able to stick to a decent sleep schedule and be up early. I agree, but sometimes the soul prefers more human contact too.

* Some of the IIT mornings have been spectacular - mist all around makes walking/cycling past the green fields quite pleasant. But all this is wasted on the IIT owls.

* No doubt: I have been overeating for about 2 years. I realised that last year, and have been experimenting with less and less with a view to finding an optimum. I found that out during the course of the last 8 months. Here, I'm beginning to under eat, but on most times, I have got away with it. How long will that last? More evidence that these things go about in cycles.

* I have been doing Post mortems on my sad performance in the mid-sems of 2 weeks ago. Goofed up even on the easier bits, which is infuriating. But then, personal history seems to indicate me being a rather slow starter in newer situations, so I'm hoping it'll get better as times go by.

* Lots of angst-in-pangst above, I know. But this blog was meant to take all this too.

* Thinking quite a bit about Gaurav and his predicaments and the larger lessons for bloggers like me. Right now, I just want to leave him alone to figure out all his future moves. I think he'd be cramped a bit now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aditya said...

Hi JR, about all morning mist & green fields going waste on IIT owls I definitely agree.

Often, in life, when you need a thing the most you never get it and when you get it you barely have the time to enjoy it...

4:18 PM  
Blogger daemon said...

Fussing abt ur test marks kid-oh! ;-)

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home