Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Core Dump - 3

* Finally all those quiz preps done (As noted here, the word "quiz" is used in its nicer sense) and delivered over the weekend. Interesting trip - now I know something about the innards of a B-school. There is a difference between B-schoolers and tech types that I see (atleast w.r.t Pune & Bombay). I don't know if they have been filtered in so, or if they become that way (former, I think), but they're definitely more outgoing, outspoken and perhaps even confident - whether justifiably or not, is different. Another obsvn: most people there were very "metro-urban". Unless all these differences are based on some unnecessary parameters of what constitutes "sophistication" and upper-class behaviour.

* I liked the MICA newsletter etc - wonder if I'd have the time to set something up here online - a weekly & unofficial rag. I remember the days of the "Sleepy Support" blog 2 years ago. 'twas fun.

* (I'm procrastinating here in the course of my blogging: can't make head or tails of an assignment that I should be reading about. Weep, weep.)

* Was pleased to finish 2nd in the Lone Wolf at MICA - had thought my faculties had gone blunt over the last year and didn't if I'd measure upto some of the more regular leading lights of the Bangalore-Madras quizzing corridor. Sneaked into the last 8 (had done badly at the elims - missed sitters - what is wrong with me?) as a lucky loser after Anand was forced to leave to catch his train. Got a couple of good ones via the euphoric "worked-out" route which explains the injection of happiness. Tied with Samanth for 2nd place, so not a bad result at all.

* Goof up in OOT test today - as I said to Harish, since then I've been chasing myself around the room with a broom. Cancelled the correct answer :(. Why-Ow-Why?

* More reports of snakes on campus. Follows warnings of snakes in MICA. Perhaps it is all a warning that I must try and learn Python after promising I'd do that for 4 years. (Please let it not be a sign about ASP)

* Blogger should put in the "auto-save" feature of GMail into their "create posts" too.

* Songs playing: Roja, Thiruda Thiruda, Boys. Usual suspects pretty much. New addition: Morning Raga after I read Ravi (Quiz-Blogger who won my quiz). "Maathii malayadhwaja" by Sudha Raghunathan is outstanding, with very well done orchestration. As Nakul said, mixed bag of songs working as a "101 to Carnatic music", but will take such gems. Have stopped listening to "Water" until CD is available so that better quality sound can be heard.

* The refrain goes around bowlers in dressing rooms: he seems to be back. After a couple of false starts, finally the beginning of the Rahul Dravid era?

* There has been a little nip tending towards a bite in the air at nights and early morning. IITians - play "jaago mohan pyaare" as your alarm and breathe in the cool air, fellows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home